How to have More Energy?
In this day and age, our lives can be filled with many stressful events that drain us and leave us feeling exhausted and sapped into our energy.
Ever notice how, as we age, we do not have the same vitality as when we were younger? It is no wonder that one of the biggest questions of mankind is how to achieve the longevity that is vibrant, energetic, and healthy.
How often do we find ourselves exhausted and looking for the next pick-me-up? So many people turn to “instant” energizers such as coffee, pharmaceutical pills, energy drinks, sugary junk food, and drugs as the solution. The problem with these stimulants is that they temporarily increase energy by making the heart beat faster and harder. They push the internal organs to work more than normal which eventually ages the body at a much faster rate than necessary. These quick-fix “solutions” may give an instant rush of energy, but they also take an equally high toll on the body.1
So how do we avoid needing those quick fixes? What can we do that will not only increase our energy, but also our overall health, memory, body fat, sex life, and even our happiness? Simple – increase our Vital Life Energy.
What do I mean by Vital Life Energy?
This is the energy that gives each one of us life. It is that inexplicable force that causes a new life to be created and what keeps us going each day. This type of Vital Life Energy is such a complex concept that it has been discussed and systems developed over thousands of years in various Eastern cultures. It has been referred to as Chi or Qi (from Chinese), Ki (Japanese), or Prana (Indian in the yogic tradition) and should not be confused with the scientific concept of energy in the Western tradition.
Vital Life Energy is everywhere and it is just a matter of learning how to cultivate it.
Do you remember the last time you needed to get away to relax, so you went to the beach or the mountains for a long walk and found that, at the end of the day, you felt better? That is cultivating Vital Life Energy. Imagine how much better you would feel if you took long walks like that every day! When you increase your Vital Life Energy, you increase your overall quality of life – physical, mental, and spiritual.
There are many ways to cultivate your Vital Life Energy – through the food you ingest, your environment, your thoughts, speaking positively, utilizing empowering words, and even though fresh air and clean water. Also, if you layer multiple methods on a daily basis, you can enhance the effects exponentially.
Here are some easy and effective ways you can develop your Vital Life Energy:
– Chew your food well: As simple as it may seem, eating quality food, taking smaller bites, and chewing well will greatly enhance your digestion. The increased exposure to enzymes in your saliva and smaller food particles resulting from thorough chewing decreases the effort your digestive system needs to process your food and increases your nutritional intake.2
– Go For A Walk After You Eat: (especially if you have a dog!) The Chinese have a saying that to live a long and healthy life, take 1,000 steps after every meal. (1000 steps = about a 1/2 a mile)
– Meditate For 20 To 30 Minutes A Day: It pays to learn how to give your mind a rest as the brain can use as much as 35% of your energy. I started meditating in the 60s when I was 5 and I not only teach it but also practice it still today. It is one of the great tools I use for calming my mind so I can make better decisions in my life.
– Yoga or Just Stretching: Do yoga. Any type of yoga is better than no yoga. By stretching your body you release tension and your energy flow much better and more efficiently.
– Qi Gong, Tai Chi, or any Martial Arts: Qi Gong is over 4,000 years old and over 100 million people practice it on a daily basis. It is a wonderful system for creating Vital Life Energy, which is why I have been doing martial arts for over 40 years. I would not be where I am today if it were not for martial arts.
If you were to try only one of the activities above every day, for just 5 days, you will immediately start cultivating Vital Life Energy and feel more vibrant and healthier. There have been tens of thousands of people who have attended my seminars or purchased my DVDs and years later, many have returned to thank me and eagerly tell me their wonderful success stories.
Change your life by cultivating more Vital Life Energy, so you can do what you love in life.
Health, happiness, and success,